Search using this query type:



Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (22 total)

  • Tags: Buffalo County

Report of Transfer or Discharge for Jimmy Ray White. This particular report was for an Honorable Discharge. Jimmy, originally from Kearney, Nebraska, served in the U.S. Air Force during the Vietnam War and was father to Andy White. Jimmy passed away…

Colored postcard of the old City Hall of Kearney, Nebraska. Postcard is blank. On the back it says "Made in Germany."

Colored postcard of the United States Post Office in Kearney, Nebraska. The building, completed in 1911, was converted to the Museum of Nebraska Art (MONA) in 1986. The postcard is dated July 2, 1927 and is addressed to Miss Katherine Jones of Bruno,…

Colored postcard of the Grothan Elmwood Sanitarium established c. 1908 by Dr. Ole and Dr. Georgiana Grothan. In 1911, after the doctor couple divorced, the building was sold to the state of Nebraska and converted into living quarters for the…

Original paper homestead certificate presented to Albert More of Grand Island in 1884, Nebraska from the General Land Office of the United States. Albert More is a familial ancestor of Sara and Terrence Holoubeck. The Homestead Act was passed by…

Original paper deed for land ownership presented to Roswell D. Gould of Buffalo County, Nebraska in 1879, ancestor to Sara and Terrence Holoubeck. The deed was presented to Gould by the General Land Office at Grand Island, Nebraska of the United…

Certificate for Albert More, a family ancestor of Terrence and Sara Holoubeck. The certificate is original, paper, and stamped with United States Seal. The certificate was issued as part of the 1873 Timber Culture Act by Congress to encourage…

Wooden walking cane that has a hidden, detachable knife at the top. L.D. Powers, local Buffalo County enthusiast, carved the cane in January 1939. See associated article for further information.

An original, round Thermo-Scope used at the Ira C. Anderson Funeral Home (established in 1920) in Kearney, Nebraska (which is now the Horner, Lieske, McBride, & Kuhl Funeral Home in Kearney located at the intersection of 25th St. and Avenue A.…

Original wooden road marker for Fort Kearney Crossing. The dates on the front are 1848, 1871. The marker was installed in 1910 and found years later. The dates on the front mark when the trail to Fort Kearney crossed the Platte River from 1848-1871…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2