Search using this query type:



Advanced Search (Items only)

Grothan Elmwood Sanitarium, Kearney, Nebraska (The Frank House)

Dublin Core

Title

Grothan Elmwood Sanitarium, Kearney, Nebraska (The Frank House)

Subject

Historic Nebraska Postcards, The Frank House, Grothan Elmwood Sanitarium

Description

Colored postcard of the Grothan Elmwood Sanitarium established c. 1908 by Dr. Ole and Dr. Georgiana Grothan. In 1911, after the doctor couple divorced, the building was sold to the state of Nebraska and converted into living quarters for the physicians and nurses who worked at the adjacent Nebraska State Tuberculosis Hospital until 1971. The building still stands, housing the historic Frank House Museum and is part of UNK's campus and the National Registry for Historic Sites. The building was originally built in 1889 by George W. Frank of Kearney, Nebraska, Corning, Iowa, and New York state.

The postcard was sent to Lizzie Parr of Omaha, Nebraska.

Source

Steve Rothenberger

Date

1911
06/20/2015

Contributor

April White
Dr. Jinny Turman (scans)

Rights

Steve Rothenberger
University of Nebraska at Kearney (Images)

Relation

http://www.unk.edu/offices/frankhouse/
https://www.facebook.com/UNK.Frank.House/

Format

JPEG
Postcard

Language

English

Coverage

Kearney, Nebraska
Buffalo County, Nebraska
Omaha, Nebraska

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Postcard